Monday, April 14, 2014

Granny Square Tutorial

Several people have contacted me asking for assistance with my Granny's Baby Blanket pattern. (Ravelry, Craftsy, original post) The blanket is essentially a large Granny square, which is an awesome skill to learn as there is so much you can do with it. This is my first video so, be kind. :) The video explains how to do the square and walks you through three rounds in the granny square stitch. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments, I will do the best I can to answer you!

And without further ado,


Once you've mastered the Granny square, there's so much more you can do with it in order to take it a step further. Feel free to check out these resources, I own the book I recommend and regularly stop in on the blog I linked to. :)

This book is an awesome guide to all things Granny! It has some wonderful patterns for individual squares, as well as patterns for ways you can use the squares. I downloaded it onto my Nook, but in hindsight I think I'd have preferred a hard copy version as the layout gets a bit funny after it's been digitized.

I also love this blog. The author completed a Granny Square a Day challenge, that's right, 365 different granny squares (for free!) as well as colorway suggestions and more. (Seriously, I could spend HOURS on this blog! :) Hope you enjoyed!
~Farm Girl Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you see?

I'm often asked if I will make custom projects or sell my work. The short answer is, yes.
My patterns are always free, but I do charge for projects mostly to cover the cost of resources, and my time. Basically, if you see something you like and want me to make it, I'd be happy to talk to you. The best way to contact me is through my email thatfarmgirlteacher@gmail.com. I can make nearly anything and I've had people in the past send me photos of what they're interested in. Time to make it, cost, and more can be discussed through my email and varies greatly based on what you'd like made.
I also sell my hand spun yarn at our local Farmer's Market. I don't really sell yarn online because my inventory varies greatly, however if you know you want something specific, I can usually work something out with you, again, just send me an email.