Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Laptop Sleeve Pattern

I made an owl laptop sleeve previously for myself. I had a lot of fun with it, and my sister, who has loved frogs since she was a small child inspired this fun frog pattern. It has some similarities to the owl pattern, but a few important things were altered. Both patterns are offered for free at my Ravelry and Craftsy stores.

Besides the few obvious color changes, hers is taller than mine since her laptop is a bit larger.

The biggest construction change was making full circles for the hind legs instead of half circles and adding 'feet' to them. This means that there are two additional pockets on the back of the sleeve.

For the small details, I made the eyes as a whole smaller, but increased the pupil size. Used a slip stitch to create a mouth, and created small front legs.

I actually finished this pattern a while ago, but was a bit lazy getting it posted. I often forget to write down my pattern as I make it and had to go back and analyze my stitches to write it. She's been carrying it for a few months now and has gotten several compliments. It's helped prevent minor wear and tear such as scratching when she puts her laptop in her bookbag, or in the car, and she reported that she loves that the legs double as pockets. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did!
~Farm Girl Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you see?

I'm often asked if I will make custom projects or sell my work. The short answer is, yes.
My patterns are always free, but I do charge for projects mostly to cover the cost of resources, and my time. Basically, if you see something you like and want me to make it, I'd be happy to talk to you. The best way to contact me is through my email thatfarmgirlteacher@gmail.com. I can make nearly anything and I've had people in the past send me photos of what they're interested in. Time to make it, cost, and more can be discussed through my email and varies greatly based on what you'd like made.
I also sell my hand spun yarn at our local Farmer's Market. I don't really sell yarn online because my inventory varies greatly, however if you know you want something specific, I can usually work something out with you, again, just send me an email.