Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Gifts Galore

In addition to several specialty orders I've been completing for customers, I crocheted like crazy to finish last minute gifts for family members!

I usually do individual projects for the kids in my family, but this year several of them had mentioned that they liked those hats with the beards and since almost all the kids are boys, I did a few color variations of the same style. Check it out!

I made a grand total of nine toboggan/beards!

This was my largest 'batch.' The beards are all similar colors, a couple have flecks of tan because the store ran out of plain brown. It's actually a neat variation, looks more natural! The hat colors from left to right are, gray, black/brown/gray mix, and camo! The gray actually wound up being my favorite, I think I'll actually go back to purchase some more of that color to do a project for myself.

These hats are awesome to make, they are worked up using super bulky/bulky yarn so they work fast and thick and warm. The beards are attached using buttons so they can be adjusted to fit the face of the wearer. The beards can also be taken off altogether so the person can wear it as a plain toboggan when it's not as cold out! 

Typically, we only buy presents for the kids in the extended family, but since the adult in this picture was actually the one who requested these hats, I thought a father/son set was in order! I also made a navy hat for my own father to match his work uniforms, but I somehow forgot to get a picture of it. :( I'll work on it though and see what I can get!

And for the girls in the family...
How cute is this!? I used the same toboggan pattern the boys hats were made from and I whipped up the flower real quick without a pattern. I picked this style just because I thought it was cute but I unintentionally and luckily copied the style and color of the hat her American Girl doll wears! :)

And finally for my boyfriends little sister...

...a ruffle scarf! Yes, I finally jumped on the novelty yarn bandwagon I've been avoiding for years. I'm not going to lie, I'm not usually drawn to these novelty style yarns, but I have been looking for a quick and easy knitting project to teach the kids in Sewing Club and another teacher suggested these scarves. They really are pretty and relatively simple to complete, I'll give more of an update when we start them in sewing club!

 I hope your Christmas was merry and bright! :)
~Farm Girl Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you see?

I'm often asked if I will make custom projects or sell my work. The short answer is, yes.
My patterns are always free, but I do charge for projects mostly to cover the cost of resources, and my time. Basically, if you see something you like and want me to make it, I'd be happy to talk to you. The best way to contact me is through my email thatfarmgirlteacher@gmail.com. I can make nearly anything and I've had people in the past send me photos of what they're interested in. Time to make it, cost, and more can be discussed through my email and varies greatly based on what you'd like made.
I also sell my hand spun yarn at our local Farmer's Market. I don't really sell yarn online because my inventory varies greatly, however if you know you want something specific, I can usually work something out with you, again, just send me an email.