Thursday, August 22, 2013

Throwback Thursday: School Firsts

Kindergarten 1997

First Day of Teaching 2013
This week our summer ended and it was time for students to return. I have to say I was nervous, however my excitement that I had finally reached the big day kept the butterflies at a minimum. I have many exciting stories and fun pictures, but teaching is exhausting and I am going to take a few moments to breathe before sharing them. Right now I want to use my Throwback Thursday to share an idea that's been floating around in my very chaotic brain for a few weeks now. In celebration of my first First Day of School (as a teacher) I compiled all the previous first days into a video. :) I am thinking of showing this to my students Friday just for fun. For those of you who did not know me as a child, fair warning, I wasn't always the glamorous trend setter I am now. :D For those of you who know my mother, yes she bought the house just so that she could have a fireplace to take pictures in front of....lol, enjoy!



 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you see?

I'm often asked if I will make custom projects or sell my work. The short answer is, yes.
My patterns are always free, but I do charge for projects mostly to cover the cost of resources, and my time. Basically, if you see something you like and want me to make it, I'd be happy to talk to you. The best way to contact me is through my email thatfarmgirlteacher@gmail.com. I can make nearly anything and I've had people in the past send me photos of what they're interested in. Time to make it, cost, and more can be discussed through my email and varies greatly based on what you'd like made.
I also sell my hand spun yarn at our local Farmer's Market. I don't really sell yarn online because my inventory varies greatly, however if you know you want something specific, I can usually work something out with you, again, just send me an email.