Thursday, December 12, 2013

Christmas Traditions

I really do love Christmas traditions and one of my favorites is our ornament tradition. When my parents got married 27 years ago they began purchasing ornaments every year that reflected major events of that year. This continued once my sister and I came into the picture and some of my best memories come from taking out the ornaments to decorate the tree and bringing back some wonderful (and often hilarious!) memories! Some of my favorites include the hood ornament that came off the Buick my mother and I totaled just before Christmas in the early 90's, the pink ornaments my aunt handed out at her baby shower BEFORE she was told she was having a boy, key chains from our favorite vacation spots, etc. Take a look at two of my ornaments for this year... (I have at least one more but I forgot to photograph it..)
 In honor of my first year teaching, we found this at a beautiful kiosk at a local mall. They are an awesome little shop and always willing to customize! :)

And a 'Saint Leo' ornament in honor of my graduation last April.

Of course, there's always a few traditions that just won't die...
So naturally I must drag others into the tradition with me...
 :) By the way, what do you think of these pictures? They were taken with my brand new....Christmas camera!
(In hindsight I should've turned off the TV) Since I've been taking pictures with a potato for the last year or so, I decided to treat myself using some of the traditional Christmas money given to me by my Granny Woot. Yay!
Merry Christmas!
~Farm Girl Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you see?

I'm often asked if I will make custom projects or sell my work. The short answer is, yes.
My patterns are always free, but I do charge for projects mostly to cover the cost of resources, and my time. Basically, if you see something you like and want me to make it, I'd be happy to talk to you. The best way to contact me is through my email thatfarmgirlteacher@gmail.com. I can make nearly anything and I've had people in the past send me photos of what they're interested in. Time to make it, cost, and more can be discussed through my email and varies greatly based on what you'd like made.
I also sell my hand spun yarn at our local Farmer's Market. I don't really sell yarn online because my inventory varies greatly, however if you know you want something specific, I can usually work something out with you, again, just send me an email.