Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Wooten Family Photo

It's that time of year again! Every Christmas there is tons, and I mean TONS of hustle and bustle. My immediate family and I go to at least two Christmas parties, (one on either side of the family) as well as prepare for our own family traditions. I know three parties doesn't really sound like a lot, but when you couple that with the fact that both my mother and I work at elementary schools and are very involved with charity/Christmas fundraisers this time of the year, December tends to be quite a blur!

One of the particularly fun traditions we do is take a family Christmas photo...which doesn't sound like much if you've never seen a Wooten Family Photo...take a look at the good, the bad, and the ugly from 2013....
Left to Right: (Horses) Tux, Jose, Colby, Drew Piney (People) Tammy, Rebecca, Miranda Randy (Dogs) Mandy, Cole
The above was the winner for the official card, but of course I'm going to show you more than just one picture. :D
Thanks to Eric, our wonderful photographer and my boyfriend who inevitably gets roped into the ordeal whether he likes it or not. :)
I'm not going to lie, the process is not an easy one and I'm often reminded of the Griswold family antics! (Mom's favorite Christmas movie)
In addition to the big photo, we also do smaller photos with just humans, just one person with the animals that belong to that person, the children, the adults, dad and kids, mom and kids, etc.
All told we easily take over a hundred pictures, I promise I'll try not to get too carried away with today's post...
Well, maybe... I am my mother's child after all.... :)
The animals are the most challenging as it's borderline impossible to get everyone looking the same directions with their ears where they belong, however you wouldn't believe how many we have where the animals look great...and at least one human is just a bit off... :)
And yes, I know that not all our animals are pictured, but we try to get as many as possible. Chickens and sheep just don't always photograph well! Plus, it's not possible to have EVERY animal in the picture so we often just grab one to represent their entire species...
 Merry Christmas!
~Farm Girl Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you see?

I'm often asked if I will make custom projects or sell my work. The short answer is, yes.
My patterns are always free, but I do charge for projects mostly to cover the cost of resources, and my time. Basically, if you see something you like and want me to make it, I'd be happy to talk to you. The best way to contact me is through my email thatfarmgirlteacher@gmail.com. I can make nearly anything and I've had people in the past send me photos of what they're interested in. Time to make it, cost, and more can be discussed through my email and varies greatly based on what you'd like made.
I also sell my hand spun yarn at our local Farmer's Market. I don't really sell yarn online because my inventory varies greatly, however if you know you want something specific, I can usually work something out with you, again, just send me an email.