Monday, April 7, 2014

I'm Back! (For Real This Time, and with a Surprise!)

I know, I know, I've said this before, but my break really is over, I promise! I got a bit overwhelmed, however I plan on returning to blogging now that I've knocked several custom orders off my list for awhile.

I'd like to begin with my surprise for y'all to celebrate my return... :) I will be making my patterns on Craftsy and Ravelry free! I began selling my patterns to supplement my meager, fast food income, but now that I have a real life, honest-to-goodness job, I don't need the extra money and good ideas really should be shared freely. :) I mean, I think they're good ideas...you may not... lol I plan on switching everything over as soon as possible so be sure and check in. I encourage you to share what you've made with me! (Actually, I'd love to do a post sharing your projects!) Additionally, I'm happy to answer any questions you may have regarding any of the patterns. You may ask through the comment section, through the Ravelry and Craftsy sites, or through my email, thatfarmgirlteacher@gmail.com.

Hopefully, I will also be able to share a few of the projects I'm currently working on with you. I am finishing a bit of personal sewing for myself, knitting a scarf, and (can you believe it?) sewing my sister's prom dress! Happy dance! I also hope to share a few things from the elementary sewing club I run as well, they've been doing a ton of awesome work!

I have found that, especially with crafting, I am always learning new techniques, or occasionally creating new techniques myself. I am considering sharing a few of these through tutorials (either video or photo, I haven't decided yet). If this is something you'd be interested in, please let me know, I love to hear feedback from y'all!
~Farm Girl Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you see?

I'm often asked if I will make custom projects or sell my work. The short answer is, yes.
My patterns are always free, but I do charge for projects mostly to cover the cost of resources, and my time. Basically, if you see something you like and want me to make it, I'd be happy to talk to you. The best way to contact me is through my email thatfarmgirlteacher@gmail.com. I can make nearly anything and I've had people in the past send me photos of what they're interested in. Time to make it, cost, and more can be discussed through my email and varies greatly based on what you'd like made.
I also sell my hand spun yarn at our local Farmer's Market. I don't really sell yarn online because my inventory varies greatly, however if you know you want something specific, I can usually work something out with you, again, just send me an email.