Friday, April 18, 2014

Reverse Single Crochet Tutorial

I'm back with my second video tutorial, a guide to the reverse single crochet stitch! It's really not as difficult as it may sound, if you can do a regular single crochet, you'll only need a bit of practice to do it in reverse!

I discovered this stitch fairly recently and instantly fell in love! It's an awesome way to edge almost any item, and I really feel it adds strength and durability to the final product. For this reason, I used it as a border on the Granny's Baby Blanket pattern, as children can definitely be hard on, well, just about everything! :) It would also work well on items that will get lots of use such as dishrags or even the necklines of sweaters you're worried may stretch.

Original Pattern: Ravelry Post, Craftsy Post, Original Blog Post

Need help with the granny square itself? Check out this video tutorial.

Enjoy!
~ Farm Girl Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you see?

I'm often asked if I will make custom projects or sell my work. The short answer is, yes.
My patterns are always free, but I do charge for projects mostly to cover the cost of resources, and my time. Basically, if you see something you like and want me to make it, I'd be happy to talk to you. The best way to contact me is through my email thatfarmgirlteacher@gmail.com. I can make nearly anything and I've had people in the past send me photos of what they're interested in. Time to make it, cost, and more can be discussed through my email and varies greatly based on what you'd like made.
I also sell my hand spun yarn at our local Farmer's Market. I don't really sell yarn online because my inventory varies greatly, however if you know you want something specific, I can usually work something out with you, again, just send me an email.