Monday, June 23, 2014

Breaking News!

I'm breaking again from the formal wear series because I have some news! :) Hang on to your socks! :D

I started this week off by celebrating my birthday! My mom loves this picture and wished me a "berry" Happy Birthday...
 Photo: Rebecca Wooten, wishing you a "berry" Happy Birthday!  I hope you know how much I love and appreciate you.  Life since you were born has certainly been full of tears, laughter and so many wonderful adventures.  I can't wait to see what all the next year brings you.  <3 <3 <3
And for my birthday surprise, I'm pleased to announce there is going to be a Mr. Farm Girl Teacher! :D My boyfriend of three years proposed to me recently and I am thrilled to know I'll be spending the remainder of my life with my other half. We met in middle school and have been friends for years, I truly feel that God made us for each other and I can't wait to spend my life with him!

“A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment.”
 
(Bonus points if you can name the book before you reach then end of this post!)
Y'all know me, so you probably know I've already planned our wedding on Pinterest (along with an imaginary house, children, sewing room, etc. haha!) but I will be sharing photos of planning and preparations after we set a date and get closer to time. (Don't get too crazy, there is not a date set, but I promise it will be a while from now....I need time to knit a dress! KIDDING!)

I also recently purchased a new car! My first car was a trusty 1993 Toyota I bought in high school, but alas, I have outgrown it and am proud to say I have upgraded to a 2015 Mazda 6 that I am LOVING. It has back doors AND cupholders, technology these days! If you know my family personally, you also know we have a small obsession with naming our vehicles so I've been putting lots and LOTS of thought into finding the perfect name for my Mazda. (This is serious business, people!)
 After much deliberation, I have officially named my car! I was rereading one of my favorites, Pride and Prejudice, when I test drove the car and on the day I picked it up, so I have been toying with character names from the book. In honor of finding my "Mr. Darcy" my car is "Mrs. Darcy." Although I don't care much for the 2005 movie, the "Mrs. Darcy" ending was it's saving grace.

“I am the happiest creature in the world. Perhaps other people have said so before, but not one with such justice. I am happier even than Jane; she only smiles, I laugh.”  
  
But, MOST IMPORTANTLY (and this really is the most important!) my family and I celebrated my little sister's high school graduation this weekend! So proud of her, she is the Jane to my Lizzy! (I am REALLY channeling Pride and Prejudice today!)
I am so proud of the person my sister has become. She is caring, funny, hardworking, and she's become a leader that knows how to make truly good decisions! She's accomplished quite a lot in the last 18 years and I know the journey is just beginning! Of course, by Mr. Darcy's standards, accomplished ladies are hard to come by.. ;)
As of right now, she plans to get her AA at a local community college, before going to a state college to begin their Animal Science program. (Y'all seriously have no idea how accurately this fits her personality!) 
My mom made an awesome slideshow presentation with pictures from our childhood set to music that fits (she sorted through 18 THOUSAND pictures, go mom!) and we really got to see how wonderfully well-rounded Miranda is. 
 
 She has accomplished so many things and (almost) always had a smile on her face doing it! I can't wait to see what the next chapter has in store for her!
 
I know she sounds perfect but trust me...she's not, you see, she has this REALLY annoying habit of being taller than me.... :)
WARNING: Lame joke alert:
We're so hot, we have to wear shades! (Don't hate, I warned you!)
 
I hope your summer has been as wonderful as mine has so far! Stay tuned! :) 
~Soon-to-be-Mrs. Farm Girl Teacher 

2 comments:

Like what you see?

I'm often asked if I will make custom projects or sell my work. The short answer is, yes.
My patterns are always free, but I do charge for projects mostly to cover the cost of resources, and my time. Basically, if you see something you like and want me to make it, I'd be happy to talk to you. The best way to contact me is through my email thatfarmgirlteacher@gmail.com. I can make nearly anything and I've had people in the past send me photos of what they're interested in. Time to make it, cost, and more can be discussed through my email and varies greatly based on what you'd like made.
I also sell my hand spun yarn at our local Farmer's Market. I don't really sell yarn online because my inventory varies greatly, however if you know you want something specific, I can usually work something out with you, again, just send me an email.