Thursday, July 28, 2016

Wedding Fever (Part 2)--The Dress (and everything else!)

The Girls:


No. I didn’t sew my own dress.

There it is, all out there on the table for us. So many people asked about this, especially since I’d already done my sister’s prom dress so recently. I won’t lie, I did consider it. To be totally honest though, I didn’t have the time to sew it and I was okay with purchasing one. I got lucky and found mine in one trip to David’s Bridal!


Going into the store I’d already done lots of “Pinteresting” with my mom and sister and had a clear idea of what I wanted. (Fun fact, you can create shared boards that other people can pin to, and you can make boards ‘secret’ so family/future husbands can’t see what you’re up to! LOL) I told the lady what I wanted and she pulled nearly a dozen dresses that fit my requirements. While I was in the changing room, my mom added a dress to the stack that didn’t fit any of my ‘requirements.’ ….yeah, you already know where I’m going with this. Magic Mom Wand up to secret shenanigans again.

I have to say, I looked pretty good in the dress I “didn’t want” if I do say so myself….

LOL the "mom is right again!" face
 I wore purple flats with the dress to match my wedding colors (I don’t know where the ‘rule’ of wearing heels came from but I prefer flats anyway and because of the date of our wedding walking on ice was possibility).

Mine and my sister's shoes






My “something blue” were my toenails! Lovely, right? haha







I also wore this pretty fur stole with the dress because it was a little chilly.





My jewelry was limited to a pretty bracelet from Charming Charlie’s, simple stud earrings, and this beautiful Brighton necklace my parents bought me for Christmas that matched my wedding colors.







 My veil is my ’something old’ and is a remake of the veil my mom had on her hat at her wedding in 1986 and will be making another debut at my sister’s wedding, too! :)






I was going for a cabin/wintery look and also requested pine cones and pine boughs to be added to my bouquet and the boutonnieres, a touch I LOVED. When my mom called the same florist about a year later to ask her to do my sister’s bouquet she said to the other employee, “Yeah you remember this one, her sister was the one that wanted pine cones!” LOL at least I was memorable! 











My sister wore this beautiful dress that’s actually a prom dress! I didn’t have many requirements for her dress with one exception: it had to be full length! There was a chance that we could experience freezing temps during the wedding so we were prepared to layer our little Florida legs with lined tights should the need arise!







Her main requirement for her outfit was no heels, which was fine by me! (She’s already taller than me!) She wore the same pair of shoes as me in a beautiful gray color. The shoes came from Charming Charlie’s which is actually a jewelry store. Unfortunately their range of sizes is rather limited and they didn’t sell her size in a “wide.’ After using every Pinterest hack in the book for stretching her shoe we discovered a pool ball will do the trick! It was still tight though so at the Florida reception she wore a pair of sandals.

Her dress also had pine cones and pine boughs with pretty lavender flowers.







We also joked around that the bride did all of her own hair and makeup but the Maid of Honor was the one getting ‘pampered.’

Haha, I did her hair and my mom did her makeup!



 

 

 

 

 

 

The Guys:

Eric with his brother and Best Man (right).
When I talked to Eric about the wedding colors I originally wanted red, his least favorite color. He’s a gentleman though and said I could do whatever I wanted as long as he didn’t have to wear it himself because “redheads DON’T wear red!” I did stay with red for a while until I realize that red and white, in the winter, in a cabin, with fur, gave us a little bit of a “Mr. and Mrs. Claus” look….back to the drawing board. I knew for sure I didn’t want a pastel and we arrived on a beautiful deep shade of purple instead, which showed in the Best Man’s tie. The preacher also had a matching tie, which was just a cool coincidence! My dad also wore a dark purple tie and Eric wore a gray tie. He also did his own hair, and did a wonderful job :) hehe.


He's warned me that I better not spend too much time on just him so I'll try and keep it short and sweet. :)




This picture of just him is easily one of my favorites. :) I joke that this is his 'sultry' look.


The Parents: 

And last but not least, the parents of the bride...



 And the groom....



Hope you enjoyed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you see?

I'm often asked if I will make custom projects or sell my work. The short answer is, yes.
My patterns are always free, but I do charge for projects mostly to cover the cost of resources, and my time. Basically, if you see something you like and want me to make it, I'd be happy to talk to you. The best way to contact me is through my email thatfarmgirlteacher@gmail.com. I can make nearly anything and I've had people in the past send me photos of what they're interested in. Time to make it, cost, and more can be discussed through my email and varies greatly based on what you'd like made.
I also sell my hand spun yarn at our local Farmer's Market. I don't really sell yarn online because my inventory varies greatly, however if you know you want something specific, I can usually work something out with you, again, just send me an email.