Friday, July 19, 2013

Yay! :)

I got a little 'yay' today when I logged on to my Ravelry account to find that two (count 'em, two!) people 'favorited' a little clutch I added the other day.

My clutch! I'm calling it the "Feminine Flowered Clutch"

 I chose not to post it on here as it's simply not one of my favorite patterns and, quite frankly, wanted to see how it would go over on Ravelry before I was judged here. Seeing those two hearts next to my pattern made me so happy! :)

Magnetic Closures, found these in the craft section at Walmart
 I am very happy to report that the clutch is officially for sale on Ravelry for just 50 cents! One of my favorite things about this clutch is that it's made from a super bulky yarn so it works up very quickly. (Seriously, just a few hours, tops!) I definitely recommend it to children, beginning crocheters, or anyone who wants a quick project. (I definitely love nearly instant gratification--especially when crocheting!)
As with any crochet project, I also love that you can choose colors to match nearly anything!

This is the dress that actually inspired the color! This photo was taken with my Mom at the Straz Center in Tampa, Fl prior to the Broadway Production of Mary Poppins we saw for Christmas! :) 
 Of course, sometimes the color of the crocheted item comes before the actual clothing I plan to wear it with...today I finished a quick shrug in a beautiful kind of dark teal color and THEN realized I didn't have a single thing to wear with it! ...oh well, I guess now I get to I mean, have to go shopping! :) Whoops!

 Hopefully pictures will come soon!

Interested in checking out my clutch?
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/feminine-flowered-clutch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you see?

I'm often asked if I will make custom projects or sell my work. The short answer is, yes.
My patterns are always free, but I do charge for projects mostly to cover the cost of resources, and my time. Basically, if you see something you like and want me to make it, I'd be happy to talk to you. The best way to contact me is through my email thatfarmgirlteacher@gmail.com. I can make nearly anything and I've had people in the past send me photos of what they're interested in. Time to make it, cost, and more can be discussed through my email and varies greatly based on what you'd like made.
I also sell my hand spun yarn at our local Farmer's Market. I don't really sell yarn online because my inventory varies greatly, however if you know you want something specific, I can usually work something out with you, again, just send me an email.