Thursday, July 18, 2013

Coffee, Bunnies, and Avonlea...This is What Beautiful Days are Made of....

So much has been happening lately I often feel as though I may truly loose my mind! Today I went to the school district to begin paperwork and prepare to enter the workforce! For those of you who don't know I will begin teaching fourth grade at the local elementary school! I am so excited and so nervous, but so excited to finally be moving forward.
Most people place their chairs around the fire...not in this family!

Yesterday was wonderful, I began by enjoying some coffee while letting my bunnies play in their play pen.  (Yes, it's actually a dog kennel, but the bunnies love it and the wire is small enough that they can't get through.)

Fiona loves hopping around in her play pen, the tube in the center is a favorite toy of both rabbits, however Shrek especially enjoys hiding in it! Fiona is too nosy to hold still in the tube, she'd rather jump around and snack on the grass!

I have two English Angora rabbits. I got these rabbits back in January and have been raising them for fiber and because...well their cool. :) I have a male and female I hope to breed when the whether gets cooler. (I wouldn't want to be pregnant in Florida in August wearing fur coat, I don't think my bunny wants to either!) Fiona was just recently given a haircut (it was my first time, don't laugh!) I originally swore I would only pluck their coats, however it was just so hot outside, I thought I would give her a break. I hope to get Shrek done today, Fiona clearly enjoyed it, she can move more freely and is clearly cooler.

Sitting up so she can better look around! :)


Want to hear how they got their names? Click here!

After a lovely day I was sitting in my newly remodeled room reading (er, rereading) the Anne of Green Gables series. :) I was reading Anne of Avonlea and a section really stuck out to me. I've read this book so many times and this passage seemed unimportant, but for some reason it really spoke to me. Has this every happened to you?

Anyway, without further ado, I leave you with this quote and hope you enjoy as much as I did!

Perhaps, after all, romance did not come into one's life with pomp and blare, like a gay knight riding down; perhaps it crept to one's side like an old friend through quiet ways; perhaps it revealed itself in seeming prose, until some sudden shaft of illumination flung athwart its pages betrayed the rhythm and the music, perhaps--perhaps--love unfolded naturally out of a beautiful friendship, as a golden-hearted rose slipping from its green sheath. 

~That Farm Girl Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you see?

I'm often asked if I will make custom projects or sell my work. The short answer is, yes.
My patterns are always free, but I do charge for projects mostly to cover the cost of resources, and my time. Basically, if you see something you like and want me to make it, I'd be happy to talk to you. The best way to contact me is through my email thatfarmgirlteacher@gmail.com. I can make nearly anything and I've had people in the past send me photos of what they're interested in. Time to make it, cost, and more can be discussed through my email and varies greatly based on what you'd like made.
I also sell my hand spun yarn at our local Farmer's Market. I don't really sell yarn online because my inventory varies greatly, however if you know you want something specific, I can usually work something out with you, again, just send me an email.